Just installed Office 2010 but still not activated? You will need a Working Office 2010 Product Key to activate your Office Products. This article is a complete guide on How to activate MS Office 2010 with Free product keys.
So, if you are still using the MS Office 2010 and want to know more about Microsoft’s product then continue reading.
Microsoft Office 2010 – Different Editions
All the Office versions of Microsoft had more than one edition and all those differ due to their applications. Likewise, Microsoft Office 2010 also had more than one edition and those are all mentioned below:
- Office 2010 Starter Edition
- Office 2010 Personal Edition
- Office 2010 Home & Student Edition
- Office 2010 Home & Business Edition
- Office 2010 Standard Edition
- Office 2010 Professional Edition
- Office 2010 Professional Plus Edition
All of these editions have a different licensing scheme based on the market they have. Like some of them have OEM, some have retail or volume or a combination of two, as a licensing scheme. But there are few things that are common with all the editions and the most important one is they all should be licensed. To get the Microsoft Office 2010 licensed, you would need a product key.
Free Office 2010 Product Keys
The product has 32-bit and 64-bit variants and so the product key are also different for both variants. A list of product is mentioned-below and you can refer them.
Here are all Office 2010 Product Keys that are working in 2020;
Microsoft Office 2010 32-bit Key
Microsoft Office 2010 64-bit Key
Now since you have got the product keys, you can use them to activate Office 2010 and if you feel like helping others then do mention in the comments below which key worked for the Office version you are using.
But if you don’t know how to change Office 2010 product key or activate Office 2010 using product key then you might need to read the next topic.
How to check Office 2010 Activation Status?
As you know that the Office 2010 needs a license key, to get activated and for you to get access to all the features offered. So, you need to know whether the version of Office 2010 you use is activated or not? You can check that by following these two methods mentioned.
1. Using Command prompt
The command prompt method to check the office 2010 activation status won’t take more than a minute of your time. It just needs few commands to be entered and you see the result in no seconds. Yes, you need to enter a few commands but don’t worry, I have got your back. I got you the commands with a step by step guide explaining what to do and how to do, right below:
- Whichever OS of you are using, open command prompt in administrator mode.
- You can do that by pressing the Windows key and then searching for command prompt.
- Then right-click on the first result and click on Run as administrator.
- A new window opens with the title command prompt. First, go to the Office14 folder in the C drive by entering the below command.
cd Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14
- Now to check the activation status, type
cscript ospp.vbs /dstatusand press Enter.
- The text after License status: will be your activation status for Office 2010. The License type would describe whether it is retail or volume license key.
The above image shows the license type as a Volume license key.
This image shows the license type as a Retail license key.
Do check the same for your Office 2010 version and also you can let me know which one are you using, by mentioning in the comments below.
Note: If the command
cd Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14 doesn’t work then you may want to try entering the
cd Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14 command.
2. Using the Office Software
The other method that would also help you check the activation status for the Office 2010 software is by opening any of the Office software. Yes, that sounds easy, isn’t it? Just follow these steps below and know-how that is done:
- Open any of the Office 2010 software like MS-Word 2010, MS-Powerpoint 2010, etc.
- Now on the left top corner of the menu bar, click on the File tab.
- Choose the Help option from the list on the left-hand side.
- On the right-hand side, you may see the result of activation status.
So, now you know the activation status of your Office 2010 and the version you are using.
How to activate Office 2010 using product key
Though I have mentioned a list of product key above yet I would recommend you to buy an original license version of Office 2010. After you get your own product key, follow the steps methods to activate Office 2010.
1. Using Office 2010 Software
This is not more than a 5 step method and won’t even take a minute to get the Microsoft Office 2010 activated in your PC. Just you need to follow the simple steps mentioned below:
- Open any of the Office 2010 software.
- On the left top corner of the menu bar, click on the File tab.
- Choose the Help option from the list on the left-hand side.
- On the right-hand side, choose the Change Product key option.
- Now, enter the product key and click install.
After entering the product key, click on Install option and wait till the Microsoft activates the product. Also, check the activation status using any of the methods mentioned above.
2. Using Control Panel
The steps are simple and it is just that you need to have Office 2010 mandatorily installed in your PC to follow the mentioned below steps:
- Open Control Panel by pressing the Windows key.
- Now, choose the option Uninstall a program as shown in the image.
- Find the Office 2010 software and select it.
- Now, click on the Modify/Change option.
- Select the option, Enter a product key.
- Now enter the product key and wait.
Check whether the product is activated or not, using the above-mentioned methods. Also remember, do not press the uninstall button because that will remove the Office 2010 software and you would have to reinstall the whole setup again.
So, we have shared all the Working Keys of Office 2010. You can use the keys to activate Office 2010 Professional as well as other editions.
If an Office 2010 Key is not working, simply try a different one from the list or just comment below. We will be updating our list of Office 2010 Product Keys.