Windows XP, the OG Operating System is still the most loved among Windows users. Many people still prefer Windows XP over Windows 10, 8 or 7. Though, Microsoft stopped selling Win XP, you can still download and activate it using Windows XP product keys given in this article.
We have compiled a list of all working Windows XP Product Keys that you can use to activate your Windows XP Professional as well as other editions.
- 1 Names of different versions of Windows XP
- 2 Working Windows XP Product Keys
- 3 How to activate Windows XP using product keys?
- 4 How to find/check the installed Windows XP product key?
- 5 Official links to purchase product key of Windows XP.
- 6 Conclusion
Names of different versions of Windows XP
Mircosoft initially launched the following versions of Windows XP in the market. All of which had different compatibility and were application-specific too. The 6 different versions of Windows XP are:
- Windows XP Professional
- Windows XP Home
- Windows XP Media Center Edition (MCE)
- Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
- Windows XP Starter Edition
- Windows XP Home Edition ULCPC
Working Windows XP Product Keys
Since Windows XP Home and Windows XP Professional are the only two in used products of Windows XP, so, I will share the keys for them only. The keys may differ depending on 32-bit or 64-bit OS but I am sharing the keys for both Windows XP 32-bit and Windows XP 64-bit.
Windows XP Home Product Key
Windows XP Professional Key
For all versions of Windows XP
Now, you got the key for your Windows XP Operating System and you should now activate the Windows XP. To activate, I would recommend you to use any one of the methods written below.
How to activate Windows XP using product keys?
So here, I am sharing with you 3 different methods that can be used to activate Windows XP using product keys. All of them are simple and easy to perform, also for your ease, I have added a few steps that would guide you to perform the activation of Windows XP.
1. Using the Internet
Like the higher version of Windows like 7,8 and others, Windows XP also has the direct Windows provided user interface method to activate Windows XP. To do so, just follow the steps below:
- Go to the Start menu.
- Now, click on All Programs.
- Then select the Accessories option.
- In the list, choose System Tools.
- Now, press on Activate Windows option.
- Enter the key and press Next to start the activation process.
After the activation is complete, you should restart your PC and check the activation status of Windows XP.
2. Using Command prompt
To activate Windows XP, you need to write a command that will be the location of the directory of a program that will activate Windows. So, I will be helping you with the command for that location but you just make sure that your command prompt location is C drive.
- Open command prompt in administrator mode.
- If your command prompt location shows inside C drive, you can come back to C drive by entering the
- Now, when in C drive enter
cd Windows\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /aand press Enter key.
- This will open the window to change the product key.
- Choose the first option and then Enter the product key followed by pressing the Register key to start the activation.
You should restart after the activation completes and after which you can check by going to properties of My Computer that Windows XP is activated.
3. Using Batch file
In this method, you would be needed to run a file and the activation will be done by the code in that file. You would have to save the file with reg extension and then launch it. If you are confused, then follow the steps below:
- Open Notepad and paste the code below in the file.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
“CurrentBuild”=”1.511.1 () (Obsolete data – do not use)”
Press Ctrl + S and Save As dialog box should appear.
- Save the file with any name but only with reg extension. For example “
- Close the notepad and double-click the file.
- The file will automatically activate Windows XP.
Restart your system to make the changes effective and check the activation station to confirm that Windows XP is activated now.
How to find/check the installed Windows XP product key?
Finding product key for Windows key is easy and won’t take more than 1 minute to do so. It is just that you would need to download external software that can detect the product key like KeyFinder. The software helps to find the key for Windows and Microsoft office both and for all versions.
Download the software from the above link and launch it. Then choose the Windows option from the left column to check the product key for Windows XP.
Though Microsoft has stopped selling Windows XP, there are many sources that sell the product key online. But before buying them please do thorough research of them and also read the recent feedback about their product. They’re a very few of them selling and I could find only one for you which is Vanskeys.com but you can also visit the online stores like Amazon & eBay to check for alternatives.
The article shares with you some details about Windows XP that you might have not known before and also, with that it shares a few product keys to activate Windows XP. Though my personal opinion and suggestion for you would be to buy a genuine product key and use the OS. Also, I have shared a few methods that would help you activate Windows XP using a product key.
So, if you have any queries then you can comment them below and I would be happy to help you. Also, if there are any suggestions then they are welcome too.